I’m over at The Good, The Bad and The Unread today–answering all sorts of fun questions and giving away a copy of Something About You. (And they did a wonderful review of the book, which you can find here.)
Whew! What a crazy week. Lots of good news. . . my editor tells me that Something About You is selling very well in book stores and as an ebook. Yay! And she also informed me that Just the Sexiest Man Alive is going into its second printing! Hooray!
Speaking of fun stuff. . . several people have asked me recently who I would cast in the lead roles of Something About You, if I could have my pick of all of Hollywood.
So let’s see. . . Assistant U.S. Attorney Cameron Lynde, the heroine, was easy. Easy because, truthfully, I had an actress in mind while writing her. (The first time I’ve done that.) I’m a big fan of the James Bond movie Casino Royale, and I love Eva Green’s character, Vesper Lynd. Smart and tough, yet still very feminine–exactly how I see Cameron. (Hey, I even borrowed the last name.) So here’s what I picture Cameron looking like:
The hero, FBI Special Agent Jack Pallas, was harder to cast. No actor seemed quite right. . . tall, dark, and sexy-dangerous. And then of course there’s that facial scruff that is just so Jack. But then I stumbled across this picture:
Yep, that pretty much works for me. 😉 (And yes, for those of you wondering, that is Gerard Butler.)
So how did I do? Who would you cast in Something About You? Let’s hear your suggestions for Cameron and Jack. Ooh–and how about Collin and Wilkins? Hmm… I’ll have to give some thought to those two. . .
And don’t forget the giveaway I’m running right now–spread the word about my upcoming book signing with Beth Kery, Shiloh Walker, and Joss Ware, and enter to win books from each of us and a Barnes & Noble gift card. Details on the giveaway can be found here.
Thanks so much to all of you, for helping to spread the word about Something About You. You guys are the best! So without further ado, let’s get to the winners. We’ll do this Miss America style. The first and second runners-up, and winners of a signed copy of Something About You are. . .
LOVELYN (comment #32)
LIMECELLO (comment #56)
And now, the winner of the $100 gift card is. . .
ERIKA (comment #93)
Congrats, ladies!! Lovelyn and Limecello, please email me at email@example.com with your snail mail addresses, and I’ll get those books out to you. Erika, email me and let me know if you would like a gift card to Amazon, Borders or Barnes & Noble.
And stayed tuned, folks, because I plan to post yet another giveaway later this week. Hey, why stop now, right??
Ooh… and remember… tomorrow is the big day– SOMETHING ABOUT YOU will be available in bookstores everywhere!!
Please note: the giveaway is now closed. Winner will be announced shortly.
It’s almost here. My upcoming book, Something About You, releases on March 2nd. So I think it’s time to celebrate–with all of you.
I’m going to give away a grand prize of a $100 gift card to Amazon, Borders, or Barnes & Noble (at the winner’s choosing). I’m also going to give away second and third prizes of a signed copy of Something About You. What do you have to do to enter, you ask? It’s simple: spread the word about Something About You. Here are the details:
1. Post somewhere letting people know about the upcoming release of Something About You. Anywhere. (I’m not fussy.) You can talk about the book on your blog, your website, on Facebook, heck, even Twitter (my Twitter name is @juljames, for those of you who want to get extra-super bonus points for including that). Don’t have a blog? Don’t tweet? No problem–you can post a comment on somebody else’s website or blog, or even on a message board.
2. Then, come back here and comment below with a link to wherever you’ve posted your qualifying blog/post/comment. This is important, as your comment below is your entry in the giveaway.
3. Please make sure your link works! If I can’t confirm you that you’ve posted/commented/blogged/whatever-ed about the book, you won’t be entered in the giveaway.
4. To qualify, your blog/comment must be new (meaning it must be posted starting February 1st).
5. For those of you who want to include details about Something About You in your post, the back cover copy and excerpt can be found here. Or if you want to get really fancy, Lea over at Closet Writer designed a wonderful countdown Sprout that you can use.
6. While I would love for each of you to spread the word about the release of Something About You far and wide with numerous posts, blogs, etc., in order to give everyone who promotes my book in some way an equal chance to win, I am limiting the giveaway to one entry per person.
7. The contest is open until 10pm CST on February 28, 2010. Everyone who correctly enters will be in the running for the $100 dollar gift card and the second and third prizes of a signed book. Authors are eligible to win as well. Winners will be chosen at random from among eligible entries. The drawing will occur on March 1st.
Thanks, everyone, for helping me celebrate the upcoming release of Something About You!
Got a great review of Something About You from Fresh Fiction. . .
Spicy sexual tension and a storyline that grabs from page one and never gives up. . . There’s definitely something about Julie James and her penchant for putting a smile on the reader’s face and a tickle in the middle. You may even sigh a little over her hunky heroes.
Thanks, Fresh Fiction!! The entire review can be found here.