I’ve started my annual Thanksgiving preparations (Mr. James and I host our families every year), and thought I’d share this easy recipe for Magic Bars that has been a staple in the James family for years.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted1 1/2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Coat 13×9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. (**Julie’s note: I line the pan instead with parchment paper instead for ease)
- Combine corn flake crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts, then pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the bars. Press down firmly with a fork.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars and store covered at room temperature.
3 thoughts on “Need a quick Thanksgiving dessert?”
Thank you! Sounds yummy. Can you substitute the walnuts with some other nut?
Sure– I think the original recipe from my grandmother said pecans or walnuts.
Thanks again! Just not a big fan of walnuts 😉